View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2019, 08:28 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Sequence of Events

I know I've threat sequenced when I'm playing one of those splash/toolbox armies at Gencon. I know when I played Q23 in 2018, he wasn't expecting me to lead with Tarns and PKs and that was crucial in getting the win over him. I also know that threat sequencing helped me a lot in my 2019 day 2 match against IS because it meant I had a full exo Mezzo to kill the last Nakita (yes he kept rolling smoke powder and ended up killing it and kiting the rest of the army for the win, but ignore that; the theory is sound). He also brought out archers earlier than normal to fight some of my units (killing the other Mezzo with a special), so he was also threat sequencing well as he did end up with a Nakita at the end which if you're going to have a single figure from that army, that's the one I'd pick.

Threat sequencing matters when both armies can play a variety of threats and aren't hurt drastically by playing those threats in different orders. If neither of those situations are in play, then threat sequencing is much less important. If it's in play (as it is in most draft like events), then it is often very integral to the victory.

~Dysole, who knew she did this, but didn't have verbiage for it until now