View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2022, 07:07 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Not so much board games but miniature wargames: got in a game of walking dead call to arms, and star wars legion.

The walking dead game call to arms was pretty fun. I played negan, and some of his saviors against my bro in law who played Rick, Glenn, and another one of the Atlanta survivors. It was a tight game with Rick and negan dying and me winning by a few points. The legion game was my Imperial troops, an atst, with some mercenaries and Boba fett vs my brother playing republic with captain Rex, clones, arc troopers, and a Sabre tank. It came down to the line and was alot of fun. I won that one round 6 with two points.
Sounds like fun. Is walking dead the first game—smaller scale or the newer one? I get the two mixed up. I have the core box of the original game with the threat tracker and solo play option, but never bought into it much after a couple plays — I did have a lock on eBay for a bundle of the expansions but got sniped.
All out war is the first rendition of the game with the threat tracker, panic die, and more of a coop scenario feel.

Call to arms uses the same models but has a new manual that really streamlines any of the slightly janky rules, takes away the the threat tracker and panic die, uses new improved cards, and makes the game a much better small scaled skirmish pvp game. They sell card packs of the ruthless faction characters, and the lawful faction characters, along with equipment card packs. The game play is much more enjoyable and quite fun. Not having your characters panic off the board is a plus, combat is much better, and the rules used for firearms and running out of bullets/reloading are miles better. The game is now out of print at the time of me posting this so it may be tougher to get some of the stuff. At the very least, to play this you'd need the call to arms manual, some of their dice, and the card packs. You could quite easily 3d print models to use or use proxies. I plan on using zombicide modern survivor figures to proxy in for all the characters I have cards for but not the legit models for. I laminate all my stuff, so I plan on Taking pics of my zombicide proxies and taping those images over the mini figure on my other laminated cards. I have tons of zombicide modern survivors so this will work well. Zombies from zombicide also work perfect for hordes of zombies in the game. The move template is literally a ten inch ruler and there's also a circular blast radious/ kill zone template as well. In short the new version is miles better in my opinion. It's much more pvp based, which is how me and the dudes I game with like to play.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo