View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2011, 01:37 PM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!
The future cost....

In 1993, MTG was being first played at my high school. I was in 10th grade. The cards, almost immediately, skyrocketed in price. I had Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, all the Moxes, Black Lotuses ...etc etc.... The price was based on I DON'T KNOW WHAT...lol. But I ended up selling a small lot for the same price of a good used car (no exaggeration)!

Fast forward to more recent times. Heroscape seems to be following the same trend as far as pricing patterns. It's been OOP for just over a year. The later sets are gaining speed in a price hike and the older and rarer stuff is outrageous.

I wanted to see what everyone thinks here. The big difference in the games is that MTG and other games are still being made with new expansions and sets. Whereas Heroscape is dead. Where are prices headed? Personally, I see them going up sharply for a SHORT time, then crashing hard when everyone has what they want and there is no future for the game.

Now, I LOVE playing on a regular basis. But, truth be told, I have spent a lot of time and money collecting and hunting these things down. It might not be an "investment", but I am curious as to how well my money was spent. Because, yes, one day my collection will be sold. Can't have it forever. But not too soon as I FINALLY finished Aquilla's Alliance...lmao

Continued question, if HS is ever resurrected, what will that do for our current collections?!

PM me about any custom scenery