View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2019, 06:53 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
The Chris Perkins v. Soundwarp SG-1 pool of armies is:
* Alastair MacDirk, Sgt. Drake Alexander [SotM], 4th Massachusetts Line, Knights of Weston, Templar Cavalry
* Cyprien Esenwein, Eltahale, Grimnak, 10th Regiment of Foot, Heavy Gruts
* Sonlen, Warden 816, Granite Guardiansx3
* Deathcommander Mark 3, Deathwalker 7000, Deathwalker 8000, Deathwalker 9000, Kursus
Chris Perkins chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, Soundwarp SG-1 chooses who places first.
We're playing tonight at 8 pm EST.

-----------------------------------------------
Edit: Got the win in a very swingy game.

I opened with Knights to spread them out throughout the board and try to get a 2x5 from Alastair on OM3 of Round 1 + OM1 of Round 2 to bring down a deathwalker or two. Knights marched across well and spread out and I hit the 2x5 I wanted on 9K on OM3...and got 0/10 skulls. Alastair was then killed on the ensuing turn.

Round 2, I went 2 OMs on Knights and OM3 on 4th to get them postured. Knights swung their swords valiantly but hit nothing but air. 4th spread out to avoid special attacks and took 2 pot shots at 8K that missed.

Round 3, I went 2 OMs on 4th and OM3 on Templar to try and lure the deathwalkers into their range. 4th couldn't do any damage, and 3 of them died by the end of the round. Templar charged and hit Mark 3, but only did 1 wound. At this point, I have 3 templar in the middle of the map, clogged up next to Mark 3 & 8k with 9K further back in reserve.

Round 4, I went 2 OMs on Templar and OM3 on Drake. Soundwarp put all 3 on 8K. Templar didn't kill anything in any of their 6 attacks, but the one templar adjacent to 8k blocked all 3 of his shots to deny the extra attacks triggering. Drake moved in brought down Mark 3, which freed up 2 Templar he had been blocking.

Round 5, I went 2 OMs on Templar and OM3 on Drake. Soundwarp put all 3 on 9K, won initiative, and took a special attack that hit all 3 templar, but only hit 1/3 and all Templar blocked it. One templar then advanced on 9K, while one went for (and killed) 7K because he was 4+ away, and the third set up for a charging attack on 9K the following turn. 9K missed his shot at the adjacent Templar (2 skulls & 2 shields), and I moved all Templar adjacent to 9K, getting 2 galloping charges, one of which finished off 9K. Soundwarp called it there with a 2 life monkey left. I had all 3 Templar, a full life Drake, and 1 4th left.

I've never seen either Alastair be that ineffective or the Templar survive that long (5 OMs across 3 rounds on them and not one of them died), but the Templar gave themselves the MVP award with that performance.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; October 24th, 2019 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Game Result