View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2019, 09:32 PM

TradeMark has disabled reputation
Re: Orc's Tips to Improve Fast

One commandment to add which I dont think gets enough attention- Think through the ORDER of operations beyond just the OMs. What I mean is, of the opportunity presents itself to conduct an action in multiple ways, ensure you have weighed in which way is most beneficial to conduct.

2 brief examples.
In a game recently, my 10th Reg was trying to pop Isamu. They spread out in a pattern that guaranteed his 4 range dodge move would result in him being targetable at least 3 times, however had one model shot out of order, he would have only required 1 successful dodge to escape.

Similarly, while attacking from height offers the best advantage, it is often better to attack from a less advantageous position first if it would clear the other model to an attack that would be lost in opposite order. Think of 2 ranged models engaged to the same figure, one higher, one lower, in such a way that the lower one does not have an alternate target, but the higher does. Many times I've seen in the heat of the moment calls where the advantageous model attacks and wins, but the disadvantages one now has no move.