View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Gert Yorkes / Old Lace (Playtesting Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Yeah, which I why I'd really have preferred if they released two separate figures. I personally am going to take the figure I have, split it in two, and base them both separately - the mechanic of combining them is there to facilitate people who don't want to spent $20 on a figure and cut it all up.

I don't mind going forward with the combined card if the occasional wonkiness doesn't bother people, but I think at this point I've accepted we're deep into the realm of "best from a bad situation."
So what if people have to separate two figures on one base? They had to do that for Trickster and Pied Piper, and no one cared.
Trickster and Pied Piper is a 40 cent figure. The Gertrude and Old Lace mini is a bit more expensive, though it has come down in price since the Young Avengers version came out in the What If? set. In any case, I don't really see how designing based on what minis actually exist is 'backwards'. Some people do play both C3G and Heroclix (or at least don't like to mess around with rebasing), and it's not crazy to accommodate those people.

If we want the Arsenic and Old Lace special power to provide a dual-species as well, I'm cool with that. If we want to put together a not-quite-mechanically-equivalent alternate card that's still pretty close, sure, that'd be cool. The Quickbelle card isn't quite equivalent to drafting both Liberty Belle and Jesse Quick, either. I'm not sure what you're advocating for at this point, though.
Nor am I - mostly, I'm trying to play devil's advocate to make sure that we don't end up in a situation where no one's really happy with the result but it's what we've got anyway (plus, as I said, this version has its own frustrations when it comes to figures). I would definitely, though, at a miniumum, recommend making Arsenic and Old Lace provide a dual species - I'd even suggest a dual personality.
I've got them based separately but my plan is to cut down Gert's base so that it's smaller than Old Lace's, and I can have her rest on Old Lace's base when I play them together.