View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2022, 04:13 PM

KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker
Re: OHS Season 47 - Bring 2: Dungeon Run - Round 4 Until 5/2

Evantage and I just finished. I had Constructs, he had my dwarves.
I won initiative and as Kameon moved towards the middle, Evan quickly deployed a couple dwarves towards valda. I had Kaemon try to snipe the dwarves as they rolled forward. Kaemon killed 1 dwarf and then on turn 3 Evan engaged him with one dwarf. After thinking it over for a while he took the attack and Kaemon managed to counter strike the dwarf with 3 shields. This seems like a great thing for me, but it kind of back fired in round 2.

While Evan was considering the attack on Kaemon, I was planning an all Talingul round, as Darrak was in striking range of Kaemon thanks to the move glyph. However, due to Kaemon killing the dwarf via counter strike, I felt it was safe to take turn 1 with Kaemon and get more damage in with him, especially if I won initiative. Unfortunately for me, Mogrimm waltzed up to Kaemon and smacked him for 2 wounds with a 4/4 into 2/4. Things went from bad to worse when a dwarf ran up and killed Kaemon with a 2/3 skulls met by Kaemon whiffing on defense. I lose turn 1 and worse, Talingul is about to take some attacks from dwarves. Between Mogrimm and another dwarf, Talingul takes 4 wounds. At this point, I have basically given up. I start my turn 2 with the hopes of dealing some major damage to Mogrimm to try and swing things back into my favor. I figured that end game, Boreos might be able to work some magic against Darrak and and some dwarves, but Mogrimm's 6 life and tough mean he will absolutely get a few good attacks on Boreos in the end game. I start attacking him but Iron golem's attack of 3/6 is blocked by 2/2 from Mogrimm. I then use Boreos to try and protect Talingul better, and attack Mogrimm again, but my 1/4 is auto blocked by tough. Evan elects to take an LEA with Mogrimm which I hit, in order to get an attack on Talingul, thankfully for me he whiffs the attack and Iron golem blocks a 2/3 with 2/6 from a dwarf. My 3rd turn I continue to Focus on Mogrimm. First I reposition Boreos in such a way that neither himself or Talingul can be attacked, which is great, but another 1/4 from Boreos does not deal any wounds to Mogrimm, and Iron golem's attack of 2/6 is blocked again by 2/2.

At this point, what little hope I had left is quickly dwindling. I hope Evan wins initiative so I can play for Kelda on Talingul but I win making that play considerably more challenging and risky. Because my position is very defensive, I choose not to move and instead continue attacking in vain into Mogrimm. Iron golem rolls another 2/6 which is blocked by 1/2, and Boreos finally deals a wound to Mogrimm with a 3/4 into 1/3 (Jungle). Evan has Mogrimm attack Iron Golem managing a wound with a 2/4 hitting a 1/6. Disaster strikes again however as the next attack from a dwarf of 2/4 hits 0/6 shields on the golem and he falls (The golem was about to take 4 4v6s, so him dying in 2 attacks was really just insult to injury.). Now Boreos tried to make a game of it, but because I won initiative, I could not risk healing Talingul as it would mean Boreos would take at least 2 4v4s from dwarves, and worse if I lost the next initiative. So instead of healing Talingul, I abandoned him and flew Boreos over to the middle of the board and picked off a dwarf. Evan ended the round by grabbing Kelda with the 2/6 life Mogrimm and surrounded Boreos with Dwarves.

I did indeed lose the next initiative, and Boreos suffered 2 wounds from dwarves, sealing the game in my opinion. I flew Boreos around for a while, and definitely did not make the best plays, mainly due to not thinking I had a good shot at winning. I certainly could have played the end game better, but the full health Mogrimm vs 2/4 life Boreos was not something I wanted to stretch a game out to 3 hours just to maybe possibly win. Boreos put up a good fight and brought Evan down to 3 dwarves and the 2 heroes, but my luck ran out and I lost to another initiative switch. He rolled a 4, and I rolled a 2. Dwarves surrounded Boreos and the wind construct went down.

GG Evantage!! Well played!!!