View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2022, 09:32 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of D.Va (Pilot) - Breathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella View Post
Second post was only typed there because it wouldn't let me post the design in a quote and not have additional text. Not sure why, but hey ho. I'll delete it and see if it lets me save it.
Ah yeah, you don't need to have the design in quotes. I went ahead and edited to our normal format for you.

Quote:
All the figures that have this "draft a second figure with the same identity" kind of power have different wording, so wasn't sure how to word it. How does this look? We could swap around the destroyed part with the turn part if it looks cleaner.
Beast Boy, Hank Pym, and Venom (Symbiote) can take turns whilst not on the battlefield. I'm fine with an OM moving / save power, but this seemed to take up less card space and it's been done before.
I think that's really good. I'm personally in favor of the take turns thing, but Beast Boy etc. may not have our most current wording.

Quote:
You could give up your attack for it if the mech is low and you can fly her into a bunch of enemies, since most of the time she's going to be so close to her team that she'll catch them in the blast.
I think the issue me and Tickle are having is this...you take a turn with D.Va and move her into optimal self-destruct position. You now have 2 options.
1) Trade out your attack to self-destruct with D.Va.
2) Attack with D.Va like normal. Your opponent now has to waste attacks taking out D.Va, at which point you may self-destruct D.Va for free.

Option 2 may give the enemy some time to reposition and avoid the blast, but you also get the massive benefit of D.Va's attack and wasting opponent's action. And if the enemy doesn't/can't take D.Va out, you get even more chances to take turns with D.Va or maybe even pop off an additional Defense Matrix or Micro Missiles.

It just has near the same damage potential (catching maybe 1 extra figure in your explosion vs. getting attacks in) while also forcing your opponent to do stuff and giving you more flexibility going forward.