View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2018, 04:59 PM

Shibaduba Woo who?
Re: HeroScape Guide App for Android (SALE $0.99)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibaduba View Post

Hi Astroking112,

We appreciate the feedback! We will be able to change the "lives" thing, I figure we can just change it to "Life" since that is how HeroScape does it regardless of the figure having more than 1 "Life" or 6 "Life" I also like the idea of having two columns for the stats/attributes section, it makes much more sense and would look better.

To make things short, I 100% agree with the feedback you've given us! The sad reality is, we most likely won't get around to implementing all of that into the app. We have already put around 30 hours into the app development, on top of school work and our jobs. And HeroScape nowadays is such a small market, so it simply just wouldn't be worth the extra time investment. Now if Hasbro starts HeroScape production again, then we're talkin'!! But we will try to fix as much as possible of the feedback you left us for the next update.

To answer your questions:
1. Yes, we have a feature in the app called "My Deck." From the full list of cards, you can add your entire personal collection (including duplicates if you desire) to "your deck" in the app. You can search specific to your deck as well as generate random teams from your deck. (The random team generator is my favorite feature, it truly is awesome and fun and it works great!)

2. Currently no, but I actually believe that should be really easy to add. We'll get working on adding the Day/Night feature!

3. Yes we have plans to add those! We decided not to for the general release, but can you point me to a list of those custom cards? We can easily add them in if I can find them all online.

Thanks again for the feedback and have a good new years!
No problem! I'd certainly love to have something like this for everyone to access! It's a bit sad to hear that you won't be able to put some more time into the app, but it's nice that you both were already able to do so much.

As another quick suggestion, it'd be nice to be able to minimize/expand the Stats and Attributes sections of the descriptions. This would be more applicable if more info or the synergy lists were added, but it would still be a nice touch nonetheless.

Out of curiosity, though, do you think that you'll still be able to make the grammatical fixes and squeeze in the missing info (height and planet) somewhere? I'd also kill to have the bios available at the bottom of those cards, but I understand that copying and formatting them would take some time.

Thanks for answering all of my questions and responding to my feedback! I hope that you likewise have a great New Year's!

Edit: After purchasing the app and spending some time with it, there are a few quality of life improvements that quickly come to mind:
  • Let us add cards to our deck in packs. Going through everything individually is very time consuming, especially for stuff like Master Sets.
  • In the same vein, being able to add multiple cards at a time to our collection would be ideal. Having to manually count out how many Nagrubs I own (and then check to make sure I hit the button the right number of times) was annoying.
  • Raelin's second release is more commonly referred to as Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (SotM), although I can see the reasoning behind naming her Raelin II. Same goes for Sergeant Drake Alexander.
  • Many of the card scans are too low-resolution to be readable. Unless higher quality images are added, it would be nice to get an "Abilities" section under the attributes that gives us the text of the special abilities on each card. Kurrok and Heirloom are great examples of how unreadable some of them can get.
  • Conversely, letting us tap on an image to zoom in on the card would be ideal. This would make the app feel more professional, especially if coupled with more readable and consistent images.
  • You called Ulginesh "Uglinesh" in the app. That wasn't very nice.
  • The main list could use some kind of sorting option. Just being confronted with a list of cards by General in alphabetical order isn't a great user experience--I'd like to at least be able to sort by points, or maybe exclude certain generals or Marvel from the list to find what I'm looking for.
  • Also on the topic of user experience, a simple splash screen would do wonders. Some simple menu to take you to your collection, all units, the search functionality, or the random team generator.
I know that you said you wouldn't be able to add many more features, but I figured that I should at least tell you what I saw when actually using the app as well.
Hello again Astroking112,

Sorry for the late reply, but we do appreciate that feedback even if we can't fix it all! If it were a bigger game nowadays we would be on top of it.

This probably won't affect you, but we are in the process of getting the iOS HeroScape guide app approved. It will look a little bit different, but function the same. After that is out, we plan to make some improvements like you mentioned!

Best regards,
-Shiba