Thread: Looking to fill
View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2017, 05:27 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Looking to fill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brets View Post
I like this mops idea. I would like to extend anyone of you on thia forum the opportunity to huild one as I have a game upcoming in 12 days and im not sure i could fill a map of that size on my own with enough unique ideas. space to be filled would be 12 ft by 9ft

I have
8 ROTV
2 SW
2 VW
1 TT
5 RTTF
3 FOTA
0 TJ
0 D&D
I suspect you don't have enough terrain to make an interesting and playable map that size. I have 7 Master Sets, 4 castles, 2 fire/ice, 4 roads and jungle. And I would try for about a quarter the size you are looking at. When looking at mega maps, height differences eat away a lot of resources, but also make the maps truly great. Playing on a flat field that's 150 hexes across is pretty weary, I'd imagine.

Suggestions for a huge game day: a somewhat smaller map, but with lots of interesting features (bridges, cliffs, castles, etc) and a lot of height difference. Play several games rather than one especially long one. For lots of people we used to set up a map and play a team battle. 2 teams of up to 4 people each received army pods, usually thematic and usually 2 squads and a hero (lots of figures work well for this constellation and usually end up at about 250/300 points. Bonding figures also make OMs much easier for newer playeres.) and played total elimination. Other cool variants are Generals (each side picks a general and when he dies, it's over) or there was a very cool project with mission cards that had all kinds of different tasks you could win points with (kill a vydar hero, move to the highest point on the map, surround a tree with your figures, stuff like that).

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!