View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2019, 04:00 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Islandscape XIII Cluster Draft

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBanner View Post
The question for me is, do you go with three pods that work as a whole, and hope to get all of them (you can always get at least 2), or do you go with three distinct pods, and see what you can steal off the other person?

I'm of a mind to bring three pods that work well, with 2 of them being hero + squad, and 1 being multiple squads.

Alternatively, you can bring a crappy army and try to stick your opponent with it...

If you "go with three pods that work as a whole, and hope to get all of them (you can always get at least 2)," and you win the Initiative roll, you could only get one of them. Going "with three distinct pods" doesn't feel like seeing "what you can steal off the other person" to me. That being said, how important is it to you avoid the outcome of the game being determined by the first Initiative roll? It seems to me that could happen with either of your approaches.