View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2021, 10:20 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: New Heroscape Terrain "Quick-Sand" - Collaborate rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
That all said, it looks like the brainstorming in this thread was more of from the perspective of mixing the few hexes with an existing HS Master Set collection than from the standalone perspective of AotV designs. I'm hesitant to tie many rules into what will realistically be some players' only option for height differentiation. Designing terrain rules for Arena of the Planeswalkers content as a standalone product is very different from designing a new limited HeroScape terrain pack, and we have to keep that in mind.
Aside from water, it may simply be best to have any terrain rules (these, weird spaces) be optional (and/or declared in each scenario).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I still don't like the idea of quicksand for AotV for several reasons. The most apparent one is probably that the 3D hexes in our boxes aren't flat tiles like water, ice, or shadow--they resemble sandstone more than quicksand, IMO. We also don't have enough of those hexes to really justify flipping it so that the cardboard hexes are slow or dangerous, either: even combining all three boxes, it's often tough to build more than one decent hill.
The fact that they're the only 3D hexes, and that tying up a majority of the cardboard spaces with rules would be a bad idea, is why I keep trying to move the conversation more in this direction:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
SAND DUNES:
Shifting Sand: After one of your figures ends its turn on a Sand Dune, you must roll the d20. If you roll 11+, choose an opponent to move that figure one space to a same level or lower space. Figures moved by Shifting Sand do not take leaving engagement attacks.
Btw, thanks for bumping all the threads lately, @Astroking112 . I still don't know when I'll have the time/energy/space to set up my next test(s) but maybe with the long weekend I can get something done Soon™.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13