View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2013, 09:22 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Captain Marvel (Mary Batson) - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I feel like adding the Marvel Captain Marvels to the mix is odd.
Me too. But back in the day, somebody insisted we name Captain Mar-vel "Marvel," and now somebody has to pay the piper.

We have no precedent of referring to DC or Marvel specifically in card powers and I'm not keen on starting one unless a general consensus insists on it. Call it a peril of cross-dimensional travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Not a huge fan of Zeus, Achilles, and Mercury as that's essentially two powers stuck together... I'd rather just go up to an extra power and keep them more streamlined.
Easy enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
As it reads she gets to heal even without an OM on her card if you win initiative--is that the intent?
Yeah, that wasn't the intent, but should be easy to fix and make consistent with how her brother works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I like the way shared power works but not sure why the bonding is tied to the roll. I like the bonding, just not sure why it is tied to the rolling of 7 or higher.
I wanted it to feel like one power instead of two. If the D20 roll is meaningless to the bonding, I think it'll feel like two powers crammed together again. But I wanted to add the bonding in to give you some reason to draft Marvels together, otherwise that power would just be a poison pill to keep you from ever doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n
Also don't we normally just use "1-6" instead of "6 or lower"?
Ask Mr. Special Eyes. He just had me change a 1-6 to a 6 or lower in my LD that's currently on hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n
Also bats, I have to ask a favour, can you put the comics in separate post to the SP please. It's just easier when doing up the cards & even checking SP during the design. Thanx.
Sure thing. I was trying to avoid unnecessary extra posts, but if it's necessary, that's easy to do. Do you have any preferences you'd like me to keep, or should I just keep them all for now?

Btw, attempts at updating the wording for the two requests of making the healing OM dependent and splitting into four powers is welcome. If no one gets to it, though, I will take a stab at it eventually here.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.