View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2015, 01:19 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Avatars aang & korra

AM,

I agree; that last episode was one of the first I watched, too impatient to wait for my later complete viewing! I was surprised to see that psycho Azula is in the later comics I bought; I wonder how the others will relate to her now. Dark Horse is my favorite Independent comic company, and reviews seem to feel author Gene Luen Yang and artist Gurihiru properly continue the story. The second series deals with what happened to Zukko's mom (no spoilers, please).

Korra delves deeper into the mysticism of the Avatar Universe, including how the first Avatar came into being, and how the spirit and mundane worlds can be better brought into balance with each other! While First Airbender remains my favorite, Korra does deal with more advanced and mature themes for sure, and is in my opinion a very close second, dealing with adult trauma, personal renewal, family schisms, and other issues. Set 90 years in the future from the first series, there are even a couple of characters from The Last Avatar still alive as "guest stars!"