View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Grishnakh’s Customized Terrain
Jungle - Palm Trees and Jungle Bushes House Rules - Revised 2/11/08

When I create my jungle bushes I make two types: tall, standing ones and short, creeping on the ground ones. I try to model the tall bushes at height 7. The height of the ground cover does not matter since it's so short.

I have my jungle palm trees as well. The trees are height 15.

All jungle palm trees and jungle tall bushes (not the short ones) gives any figure standing next to it a plus one defense against non-adjacent attacks. (The idea is that in real life the figure would be taking advantage of the natural cover and be somewhat hidden inside of it.)

• I treat jungle palm trees as "hard cover". They will block line of sight normally and will prevent movement through a hex. They also give any figure standing next to it a plus one defense against non-adjacent attacks.

• I treat tall bushes as "soft cover". If line of sight passes through one hex of soft cover it does not block line of sight. If line of sight passes through two or more hexes of soft cover it does block line of sight (the foliage becomes too dense). They also prevent movement through a hex and will give any figure standing next to it a plus one defense against non-adjacent attacks.

• Ground cover does not block line of sight plus you can move through it at double the normal movement cost. However, you can not end your movement in a hex with ground cover. This type of cover is simply too short to give any figure standing next to it a plus one defense against non-adjacent attacks.

I've been playtesting this for a few games now and so far it works exceedingly well. Whether you adapt it or not to your game I'll leave totally up to you. It would be great if anyone has any additional ideas on improving these rules.