View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2006, 02:12 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
*sigh* and my MMO experience comes back to haunt me again...

pwnd is a combination of three different concepts, let's reverse engineer it:

3) pwnd: the letter 'o' is replaced by a 'p' due to frequent misstrokes as hyperactive 13 year olds (and those acting like hyperactive 13 year olds) eagerly flood chat channels in the wake of a success

2) ownd: the letter 'e' is missing due to overeagerness in the completion of an expression by hyperactive 13 year olds (and those acting like hyperactive 13 year olds) eagerly flooding chat channels in the wake of a success

1) owned: common slang or vernacular demonstrating mastery of an opponent. "I owned you!" or more popularly "i pwnd j00z r0XX0rZ111!!!!!!1111"

Note: I have heard alternate theories proposing that the 'p' in pwnd has some alternate derivation, but the close proximity of the 'o' and 'p' keys causes me to support the theory listed above.

~Aldin, faux-scholarly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham