View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2020, 07:37 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Yeah, I noticed that the prices went up for the hard plastic. It should be better quality with regards to detail, as hard plastic should allow more detail on the mini. Works out that I didn't get into the Clone Wars stuff, as that would be a lot more expensive and labor intensive for a game I rarely get to play lately. That's why I invested the time and money into Fallout, as I can play that whenever.

I should be getting Perilous Dark for Frostgrave, as well as a few units for Legion on Saturday when I go to my buddy's house to play DnD. He gets me good prices on stuff, but it just takes longer to get.

The new stuff for Clone Wars looks nice. Some people on the Legion Facebook page weren't happy with Padme, but some were.

It makes sense for you to prioritize painting based on what you play more. I was hitting Fallout hard for a while because I was playing it, but I fell so far behind with Legion stuff, that I figured I better hit that for awhile.

I've been interested in RPGs lately for some reason. I'm going to back the kickstarter for the Altered Carbon RPG, as I love that series on Netflix. A guy I know through my buddy Chris is also backing it. He's in Chicago, about an hour away, but hopefully I can get that game played.

I also just ordered from Amazon, an RPG called Blades in the Dark. It's set in a fictional city based on Victorian London and is steampunk mixed with fantasy elements. It's a crowded and crime ridden city, and the characters in the game are various archetypes of criminals. They do various criminal jobs to build up reputation and money, but it brings more heat on them. The interesting thing about it is that you don't plan too much ahead of time. You get into your situations without much plan, and when things happen or go wrong, you can do a flashback to tell the GM what you did previously to account for the current issue. You do tests and can pass or have various degrees of failure. But it can be like the Ocean 11 movies where flashbacks tell part of the story and allow for some interesting creativity.
That sounds like a lot of fun. I've always wanted to get into RPG's and DnD but don't really have a group for it. I've always been a big Star Wars Nerd, so Legion is right up my alley. I've played a ton of Fallout and really love its setting. Just haven't got to it yet. You know how it goes. Too many games and not enough time. I'm working on trying to thin mine out a little bit. Like I said before. Getting the advanced skirmish rules for Walking dead is something I would like, as it addresses any of the little urks I've had playing it. Altogether its great though, but its nice to know they put a little more into it to fine tune it even better. I have all the walking dead that I own painted anyway. I'd also like to get my Zombicide painted before I get the new kickstarter I backed last fall.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo