View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2020, 02:22 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Painted Miniature counts

Back in my earlier days of painting I did buy some of the dropper bottles of paint. I chose to go the way of craft paints( for the most part) because of a few reasons. I agree that the pigment quality and overall paint quality is better, but on average colors I can make craft paints work well by thinning them a little.
- cost per quantity-I can get 10x the paint or amount of colors with craft paint. The bottles are twice the size of citadel pots.
-multi purpose use- I paint a bunch of terrain as well and would never use the expensive stuff for it. Also when my kid and her cousins want to craft I dont have to stress over them knocking over a 5 dollar bottle of paint.

Ultimately the two types of paint do the same thing. There are exceptions to the rule. I will gladly buy glazes, inks, and washes of those types of brands because they do something different than the average paint and do it well. For instance, the newer contrast paints look great, and act as a thicker type wash. The technical paints are also great in my opinion because they create different affects than normal paint.

Lastly, Ive seen many paint jobs that look horrible that were painted with high quality paint, and seen many great paint jobs that look great using craft paint. Most of mini painting is reflected from the skill of the painter. My stuff wont win awards, but will look great while playing with it, even if someone picks up one of them to look at it closely and says wow, these look so good. In short, just because I use the majority of craft paints, doesnt mean my painting is garbage. If anyone is following this wondering what is a good fit for you, go with your gut and try things out. If you get a couple bottles of each you can try them all out for yourself.

@Lord_Pyre, its all good. I know my mini painting total is off as well. I just counted what is currently at my house. Im sure it is a few hundred shy of what it really is. Ive painted so much stuff Ive given away. Feel free to make a guess and update it. This thread is about getting excited about your progress and what you get into painting next.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo