View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2018, 06:48 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2018

All is negotiable!
First you must quickly let us know if Saturday, 11/3, is not possible.
All right, I've copied and pasted last year's info below, changing the date.
Let me know what you guys think about format ... the good and the bad.
And please give us an idea of whether you plan on attending, can't make it or just don't know.
Thanks!

Hello all diehard 'scapers,
Saturday, 11-03-2018, again at warriorneedsfoodbadly's apartment complex rec. room at
14960 Sherman Way, Olive Tree Apartments, Van Nuys, 91405.
Hours are 8AM – 11PM. If necessary we may enter before 8AM.
There are enough tables/chairs for 14 games, so if more than 28 contestants sign up, we'll need more equipment.
Anyone wanting to stay for more gaming after the tournament is more than welcome!
There is a small kitchen for food prep, and storage.
There is a boys' restroom and a girls' restroom.
If you want alcohol, we suggest you wait until after the tournament and bring your own supply.
There is a good deal of parking (do not use the church parking at the Kester intersection),
but try and carpool because there is a lot of competition for those spots.

Location: warriorneedsfoodbadly's clubhouse in Van Nuys (map)
Date: Saturday, 11/3
Time: 11:00 AM check-in, 12:00 PM begin play, tournament until 4:00 PM or 5:00 PM (no breaks for food, so bring lunch/snacks!), free play and pizza (not free) afterwards

Anything in PURPLE is still a rough guesstimate; your opinions on these items in particular are solicited.

Rules:
Format: team play (either 2v2 or 2v1), timed matches, as many rounds as necessary, swiss/simple, partial scoring; see full rules below
Cost: $8 per contestant for prizes and rental of space.
Armies: 520pts, 24 spaces, with restricted lists
VC: Allowed.
Marvel: Allowed
Glyphs: see below (original source)

Must Bring: Primary army; army cards; dice; order markers; wound markers; special markers if appropriate.
Can Bring: Extra army/ies (with cards); snacks/drinks; a contribution to the prize table.

Team Play Format:
Spoiler Alert!

Restricted List:
Spoiler Alert!

Glyph Pool:
Spoiler Alert!

Thanks,
Xotli & wnfb

Confirmed Maps and Makers
1. April Puddles – warriorneedsfoodbadly (2 RotV, 1 tCB (Marvel), 1 RttFF, 1 TT, 1 TJ)
2. Hot Draugur – Detrimentalman (1 RotV, 1 BftU, 1 VW, 2 TT)
3. Stygian Dieways – hivelord (1 RotV, 2 BftU, 1 VW, 2 RttFF)
4. Dryad Sunrise – Xotli (1 SotM, 1 BftU, 1 VW, 1 RttFF, 1 TJ)

YES
1. warriorneedsfoodbadly
2. Xotli
3. Quillon
4. the Smaller Animal
5, Quillon crew (J)
6. hivelord
7. superfrog
8. Detrimentalman
9. Smaller Animal crew (W)
10. hivelord's pop
11. Quillon crew (C)
12. Smaller Animal crew (W's brother M)

MAYBE
1. Quillon crew (D)
2. michaeltaylor

NO
1. Leotheanimal87
2. DjKniteX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V

Last edited by Xotli; November 3rd, 2018 at 12:07 AM. Reason: updated attendee list