View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2015, 05:30 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorcrayons View Post
I played a couple games at FFG game center last night.

The notable part was that I crossed the streams. I added 300 points of heroscape units to each side (all units counted as the color of the Planeswalker summoning them) for 800 points total per player.
Also did some deck building beyond what the rules say (24 cards, 400 points chosen from a pool of 3x cards).

The games went a little long, roughly two hours each. Blue versus white.

I just wanted to say that I think adding the heroscape units made the games quite a bit more fun. If only because I was sick of seeing the same 2 units and 12 cards per 'Pwalker every game.
So Armies were:

500 Points of Planeswalker + AotP Squads
300 Points of Heroscape

?

Did you go for twice the number of Spell cards for variety in what was drawn or because the game was going to be longer?

After this post from quozl I was thinking that an AotP + Scape could be limited by the number of cards available (like only drafting 100 points of Red cards so Chandra was 265 points (165 + 100 Spell 'points').

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
AotP costs them as follows (subtracting 200 points each for their spell decks):

Gideon 150
Jace 140
Liliana 125
Chandra 165
Nissa 130
What about mixing in Mana/Land into the draw decks? Spells could cost 1 Mana per 10 points or something - so you couldn't just drop Spells right away. Glyphs could Add to your Mana Pool (with power glyhs acting like land and Treasure Glyphs like an artifact). It would give the Planeswalkers a reason to take Glyphs.

Summoning could also cost 1 Mana.