View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2017, 11:27 AM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Utah monthly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmgenius View Post
The reason I don't love the idea is it appears to eliminate competitive armies. I personally don't see a strategy in creating an almost unbeatable army because if you were to roll lower the opponent would choose that army, and you might get destroyed. But now that I think of it, there is a sense of relief that it may not be ultra competitive. I've never tried anything like this before so it's hard for me to know what to expect. What kind of armies do people bring to something like this? If it's not a competitive environment, I actually don't mind the idea so much.
Ah, but see, that's the beauty of it - you can bring competitive armies if you want! My brother is planning on bringing both armies comprised of A-level units. His plan is to theoretically know the units/his armies better than his opponents do, so that if one gets "scooped", he can still win (dice permitting) with the other. I don't know if this will work 100% of the time, and it's not the plan I'm subscribing to, but hey, 1st through 3rd place last year all only went 4-2 (and one of those scrubs brought Q9, Deathreavers, Raelin, and Stingers)