View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2010, 11:04 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Collection Guide 2: Quantities (Updated with D1)

Alright, now that the hype for D1 has settled down I have decided to update the information on page one. I still might change the numbers as it is fairly early still.

I will spare you the bother of checking out the first page and scrolling to the bottom by posting the updates as follows:

The next series are from the new Dungeon and Dragon themed releases. It is worth noting that the new packs are not the standard two squad packs. Rather, they consist of Uncommon Heroes (same as a Unique Hero but you are allowed more than one in your army) and resurgence in Common Heroes along with the stand Common Squads.

Wave D1:Champions of the Forgotten Realms
Gluan Bog Raiders: 2-3
Consists of the Greater Ice Elemental, Drow Chainfighter and the Greenscale Warriors. The Greater Ice Elemental is an Uncommon Hero that isfairly terrain dependant to maximize his abilities, but the terrain he needs is fairly common (Water, Ice, Snow, Swamp Water). He is a pretty good unit with a good bag of tricks. I can see having one in your army, but having more than one is a bit of a stretch. Next is the Drow Chain Fighter, who is a good little filler unit that can move opponent figures. Finally you have the Greenscale Warriors who can bond with dragons. Without their dragon champion they are an underpowered squad, so ideally you want them to last about as long as your dragon will. Typically two or three squad will suffice.

Fury of the Primordials: 3
Consists of the Wyvern, Water Elemental, Air Elemental, Fire Elemental and Water Elemental. The Wyvern is the Uncommon Hero for this pack. It is a pretty good unit that can bond with the Fyorlag Spiders that came from the Ticalla Jungle terrain pack. The rest of the units are all common heroes. While by themselves they common heroes are not so great, however, you will want to get some of them in antcipation of the Hero Kurrock coming out in Wave D2 that will unify these units much like Kato Katsuro does the Samurai/Ashigaru. You will probably want three packs to maximize their usefullness down the road. There has been some talk of getting ten Fire Elementals for your army, but if you plan to do that find a way just to buy them individually them as nothing else in this pack is worth having that many.

Warriors of the Ghostlight Fen:2-4
Consists of the Fen Hydra, Sahuagin Raider, and the Phantom Knights. The Fen Hydra is the Uncommon Hero for this pack and is the most offensively powerful Uncommon Hero we have seen so far. Having armies built around several of these units can be very good. The Sahuagin Raider is another nice Common Hero filler type unit. The Phantom Knights are a great anti-range squad that should be a nice addition to any army.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.

Last edited by Toad Rocket; June 1st, 2010 at 04:16 PM.