View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Villain point totals problem

As I get further into playing Marvelscape with some of the wonderful custom creations on this site, the biggest problem I see is in the point total/strength of the villains.

Specifically, if you want to play with an X-Men or FF or Avengers type team, there is simply nobody for them to contest since the villains just aren't powerful enough.

Now, this works ok if you take a villainous team like the Master of Evil or the Brotherhood, but there is no villain that comes close to being able to stand up against a strong team.

For example, I have a moderately powered Avengers team (no Thor, Wonderman, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, etc.) and even they would utterly destroy any Ultron that has been created.

Or, how do you have the FF take on Doc Doom, when Doc is only priced/powered at about 220 points?

Again, I realize that this came about due to how Hasbro initially costed the initial figures so that there could be head to head matchups, but really, shouldn't the ulitmate villians like Ultron or Doc Doom or Magneto really be powered closer to 1000 points, at least if you want to be true to the Marvel Universe?

Ultron has stood toe to toe with teams of Avengers, including the heavy hitters, but this cannont be reflected in the game. Remember ,the Avengers were formed to take on villains that no single hero could withstand.

Any ideas? My guess is that the only real solution would be to scrap the Hasbro cards and completely start over (should Cap America or Spidey, relatively low powered Marvel characters really be worth 200 points?), but that isn't a task that I really desire to do.