View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2022, 01:03 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Captain Marvel (Mary Batson) - Re-Initializi

Should we be making a ruling or official vote on how power tags are to be handled and interpreted to avoid this issue one way or the other? Personally, I think that interpretation is potentially troublesome.

For instance, "a Shazam special power" should only include powers that are simply [Shazam] + [:] which initiates the power tag to begin with. That's how how I suggest we standardize how power tags work. The interpretation that any power that happens to have the word "Shazam" in it would then be included, is not an ideal foundation to run with, 10,000 design foresight, IMO.

Just as "a ? special power" should not include anything with a ? in it, only special powers that are specifically [?: ____], or if we said "a Justice special power", it'd just be "Justice: _______" rather than anything that happened to have the word "Justice" in it too.

That interpretation would also spawn the question, what happens if we had a tag that is "a Power of Shazam special power"? Would that make it apply to both "a Shazam special power" tag and "a Power of Shazam special power" tag? Just seems messy.

Whichever way this is decided, I do feel like the Rules team or Heroes or something should be determining how this is standardized rather than just picking an interpretation ourselves and rolling with it. That's how we end up with different interpretations of friendly, turn vs. player turn, may vs. must & default etc.