View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2021, 07:19 PM

Vydar_XLIII wears ripped pants of awesomeness Vydar_XLIII wears ripped pants of awesomeness Vydar_XLIII wears ripped pants of awesomeness Vydar_XLIII wears ripped pants of awesomeness Vydar_XLIII wears ripped pants of awesomeness Vydar_XLIII wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Schismatic's Customs - NEW PACK -10/29- Entities of Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
Khatesh is pretty powerful! That is why with channeling, she is limited to 1 attack per round. I will investigate that change to make it more clear. Though she can still attempt a banish on a move only turn. I feel she pretty much has to have that limitation, along with less range, since the 4x3 out damages Q9 and Q9 sets the bar for top level ranged multi attack offense. Changes could be made here to give her more consistency if alone, but she no doubt packs a punch even still.
Thematically, the power name "CHANNELING" doesn't hit the mark for me. I think its meant to imply that the attack needs to 'recharge' or that it takes a long time to cast. I think a more specific name could help. Mechanically, the wording seems like it could be simplified and specified. In my opinion, the "if you revealed an 'X' Order Marker" phrase doesn't allow you to reveal the 'X' marker. it just sets a condition on what happens if the 'X' is revealed. I think you need language on the card somewhere indicating when you reveal the X marker. See Ranjit Singh's LION OF PUNJAB, "Before rolling for initiative, you may reveal the 'X' Order Marker on this Army Card. If you do..." etc. It specified when you do it and then what happens. Perhaps try...

CHANNELING
After moving and before attacking with Sul Khatesh, you may reveal the 'X' Order Marker on this Army Card. Sul Khatesh may only attack on a turn that the 'X' Order Marker was revealed on this Army Card.

Another idea that I just had (that slightly overhauls the card), would to be remove CHANNELING entirely, tone down her base attack (3?), and include a reveal the 'X' order marker clause into ARCANE ARROWS SPECIAL ATTACK. This shortens the card text considerably by removing a power, addresses the concern about her consistency when alone, and still checks her damage output.

Overall, I think its a really cool design!

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet