View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2021, 12:13 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Aragorn - Rough Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins
Some initial thoughts:

- I like the current direction of this card a lot.
- I would re-name the Anduril power to "+2 Broadsword" (it's the same power Tandros Kreel has) - whenever we can re-use a power name, I think it's good to do so because it makes HoME fit better with classic 'scape
I assumed it could fit under a unique name for card identity the way Sword of Reckoning does for Carr since Aragorn is a character with a unique weapon (if his sword gave him +4 dice instead of +2 I wouldn't want to use Sword of Reckoning as the power name for example). In that same line of thinking "+2 Broadsword" is definitely a D&D-style name with the +2 in front as opposed to the usual Scape wording. It's meaning to say that Tandros has a +2 Broadsword magic weapon from D&D.

That being said I'm fine with switching it if it's a point of contention for others here. Hell, my own thread's version of Aragorn has the +2 Broadsword power. Just thought I'd squeeze a reference to Andruil in there somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins
- Do we still want to have 2 different versions of certain figures? Aragorn was one of those we had originally pegged to get 2 cards (i.e. Drake I & Drake II). This current card certainly seems to be a one-size-fits-all (ranger + King of Minas Tirith), so it would likely change considerably if the plan was to have 2 versions.
I designed this under a one-size fits all assumption. If we're gonna have multiples for different sets though we should definitely decide in advance as well as which characters are included in that and which aren't.

Lastly does anyone have any contentions about Unyielding's power name? I thought of it on the fly without much thought so if anyone has a better idea for the name of said power I'm all ears.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT