View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2019, 07:51 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
TREX, I haven't read much about Legion. What do you like about it compared it IA? I've played IA a couple times, but didn't care for it much since it encourages you to just rush through and take a bunch of hits in order to beat the scenario before the timer runs out. Also I felt the pace of the game was too slow (while rushing?? I know that it seems paradoxical...)
First. I actually never played the campaign side of things in imperial assault. I picked it up for the skirmish gameplay. I have almost every expansion for it as well. I like the combat fine. Everything about skirmish is great. My problem with it is the grid and the flat board for terrain. This led me to wanting to play it gridless. Which we did quite a few times. The problem with it was the line of sight never really worked out playing it off grid. I was hoping to finally get to play legion this weekend. Ive seen enough batreps, and read the rulebooks including the 50 page pdf to know that I will enjoy it. What I like about it from what I know is that you can play it on whatever terrain you like. I like that amount of immersion. You dont have a grid, which means I get to be creative with my terrain builds. I like the crafting and artistry just as much as playing. At first I was upset about the scale as it is a little bigger than my other minis. I quickly got over that once I started putting the beautiful models together. I just finished painting all the legion models I own up to this point. I already painted 78 models for the game. 2 core sets, 5 trooper expansions, and 5 hero boxes. The gameplay doesnt seem too complex yet still full of fun tactics. Now that Im caught up with my painting for it. For now. Ill likely post a bunch of pics of all the fun terrain.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo