View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:57 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Tomb Skeletons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
I just answered my own question. I played my son in a game of Heroscape tonight where I played 6 squads of Tomb Skeletons with a few heroes.

What I found is that they work really good. They function especially well with a highly mobile hero. The hero I used was one of my customs that gains temoporary flight, but some official figures that I could see doing really well would be:

-any dragon
-A Theracus + hero passenger
-Wyrmlings
-Air Elementals
-Sujoah
-Wyvern
-vampirs

or figures with mobility abiliies like disengage, phantom walk, telaportation, etc. That are easily manuevered adjacent to the opponents figures and the Tomb Skeletons kicking off Flanking.

A lot more fun in mass than I thought they would be.
Of those possibilities, I'd venture to guess that Theracus + either Tandros Kreel or Thorgrim would be the best choice. With three hexes, they can engage more. With Thorgrim, Theracus sticks around longer. With Tandros, engaged figures can only attack him. In both cases, an order marker to get one attack from Theracus or the hero isn't usually the best choice, so the heroes are just there to take damage and give the skeletons the chance to flank.

The thing I often look at when designing customs is, "Why can this unit do this and another can't?" For me, it doesn't make a lot of sense that the Tomb Skeletons are the only unit in the game that can flank. But that's just my opinion.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!