Thread: The Book of Mok
View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Mok

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
We had a Dwarf Gunners type attack as well, but deleted the term "Special Attack" after some debate . . . RotV Rulebook, page 14, indicates that you can either do a normal attack or a special attack, but not both. We were in the process of just calling it Dwarf Gunners, which would have been away around the rule.

I'm just curious if there was this discussion with the C3V team as well. I don't mean to be bothersome, I'm just not aware of other figures who can do a normal attack and special attack on the same turn.

Our simple fix was not to name it a "special attack" as a way around the rule. It is all just semantics anyways, but one in our group had a hard time getting past the RotV rule book.
Well, and I'm not speaking for the C3V designers by any means, the ability for a hero to use a normal and special attack in the same turn is unprecedented. However, having powers on army cards break the rules of the game is certainly not!

Flying (ignoring elevations), Slither (moving through water) and Disengage (ignoring LEA's) are about as old-school as powers get in this game, and they all go directly in the face of the rules, so I don't see why Gunner Special Attack should be seen any differently. It doesn't alter the game in a way that breaks it, but merely allows Mok to bypass one of the games basic rules, just as the above examples.

Exactly. Powers on cards break rules. This SA breaks the rule that you can only use a special or normal attack. With this one you can use both! It makes sense too, does it not?