View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2021, 11:32 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I like Espionage better, tbh. The design really wants you to get her engaged and keep her that way, so having a power that wants her unengaged doesn't exactly seem like it fits.
The reason I say Covert Operations, aside from her always going undercover, is to work with the Heroic Avenger power I want Allan to have.
We do want her engaged sometimes, but with 4 life and 3 defense as your commander, you also want to keep her out of the fray when it becomes too risky. She can become engaged, attack, use the two other turns, and then if she gets attacked next turn, Alan can come in to Avenge. Then at the start of her next turn, she can go covert again, move to a new position, possibly reengage to set up Allan for Heroic Avenger again.

Quote:
NAME = ALLAN QUATERMAIN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = HUNTER
PERSONALITY = WEARY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ?

HEROIC AVENGER

After a friendly figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Allan Quatermain rolls defense dice against an opponent's attack, you may immediately move Alan Quatermain adjacent to that friendly figure, if possible. After moving with Heroic Avenger, if Allan Quatermain is adjacent to the attacking figure, the attacking figure receives one wound. When Allan Quatermain moves with Heroic Avenger, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

ELEPHANT GUN SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 6. Attack 6.
Destructible objects, Large and Huge figures roll two less defense dice against this special attack. You may only use this special attack once per round.
I got rid of Big Game Hunter because that would make it the 4th use that power, and I think the changes I made to Elephant Gun reflect him as a Big Game Hunter enough. He's also not terribly mobile, due to his advanced age. He can barely keep up with Mina on their trek through the One Hundred Acre Wood.

Major story spoilers, but the reason I think Heroic Avenger is probably the most important power for him to have (aside from the Elephant Gun) is because his character arc is about how he was a hero who Mina grew up idolizing, and fell from grace by the time she met him. Mina, Nemo, the adventure pull him back into shape.
He's proven determined to protect Mina at all costs throughout the series, even before he knew her. Doesn't matter if he's drugged out of his mind or fighting a giant monster.
Due to reasons, Mina was missing for 40 years, and he fell from grace again without her. They reunite before the apocalypse happens and she needs his help. In despair and ashamed of himself, he declines, but comes to his senses in the end and comes to protect Mina once again, as he is determined to be the man she had grown up reading about. Upon his death, she confirms that he is her hero.
At his funeral, Mina tells Emma Peel about her love for him, which Emma reaffirms that she knows this by how he beat Emma up when Emma attacked Mina.
See all below:
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
What's the goal of the class change to Operative? (Outside of thematics?) Like is there a thematic reason why they'd want to pal around with other Operatives like Alpha Flight or Stormwatch?
I specifically don't want her to with those mentioned, so maybe the changed class could be "Agent of the Crown" as she describes herself in the second image I posted in my Mina post. Not an actual class that would ever be printed on a card, but works for an "Instead of" class.