View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I'm a little behind in posting, but on Thursday I got home from work very early, and with it being a snow (mostly just leftover stuff) day for the kids, several of the neighborhood kids asked to come over and play Heroscape. I was happy to oblige, but I couldn't convince them that a six-player game wasn't the best idea. So we played a multiplayer game with six, and it was fun, although they all agreed that next time we could just build several smaller maps and play multiple smaller games in the same amount of time (they should listen to their elders next time ). It came down to everyone having one hero left, and my Marcu just flew around and wiped them out, until he came up against my son's iron golem, which had only one life left. Despite attacking from height, I couldn't get through that six defense. My son rolled five skulls on his first attack and four on the next, and Marcu was no more. It was a long game, but very fun. The kids did agree that they want to play more often, which is a good thing.

We then played a game of Dead of Winter with some of the cards removed to tone it down a bit. Despite the group making a bad choice and exiling someone early on, we were doing well. With one round to go, we accumulated the last sample needed, so we just had to survive the round. Our morale was at three so we seemed to be in good shape,but we knew we couldn't meet the last crisis. I watched as a teenage girl insisted on going to the library ("I need to get to the library!") on the last turn despite everyone advising against it. That character died, which dropped our morale by one. We then failed the crisis, which dropped our morale to zero. Game over, we lost. There were no traitors; she just needed one more thing to complete her personal objective. That will be the story of the zombie apocalypse, and that's why the game works so well.