View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2018, 06:27 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Cathar Spearmen

[quote=Son of Arathorn;2221701]
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post

Spoilered the whole post for length reasons.

You seem to have missed this part of my post:
Quote:
Anything that let’s your allegedly worse melee bruisers mitigate Braced Spear, or coordinate a ranged unit to negate its effects altogether.
So I’m not sure why we’re talking about all-melee builds. Anyone* who brings such an unbalanced army to a tournament expecting to go far deserves the hard lesson they’ll get. And I can only assume competition is the concern here.

Are you running Knights of Weston? Use Sir Gilbert or Finn to engage the Cathars and some 4th Mass to soften them up. What about Romans? Bring on the Azurite Warlord to engage, and 4th Mass or 10th Reg paired with Marcus to pour on the fire. Heavy Gruts? Use Ornak to fling Krug or an Ogre Warhulk into them, or Moltenclaw to break their lines. Axegrindwrs of the Burning Forge? Mok and Morgrimm Forgehammer will carry their weight and then some. Capuan Gladiators? It might suck to be you, to be honest, but the Steamroller ain’t perfect.

I guess my point here is that if your opponent keeps crushing your scissors with his rock, maybe try a piece of paper. Preferably one with a pattern that doesn’t clash.

*Anyone not named Matthias
Not that I really care anymore (because I don't play with VC), but this post is pretty ridiculous. Sure, the majority of the community is quite bad with melee. However, all-melee armies are still Tier 1 and, when piloted correctly, can beat anything.

Your army suggestions seem to involve very large point totals. The Grut one is straight-up ridiculous. Cathar are especially efficient at lower totals than those you seem to be implying.

@Looking_East:
Are Cathar A? Probably, although I'd lean towards low A+ seeing as Hounds are a B+ and Cathar are way better for 15 less points. Fun to play against? Nope. However, are they broken? Nope. Good melee can still beat them, just like anything else.