View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2010, 03:27 PM

Mnygaard is surprisingly tart
Re: Deadlands: Reloaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
Any other Deadlands: Reloaded fans out here?

For those who haven't heard of it, Deadlands: Reloaded is a pen-and-paper RPG by Pinnacle Entertainment. It uses the Savage Worlds rules system - which is extremely easy to learn, by the way - with a few minor changes.

If you haven't heard of it before, well... I have a few words for you.

Wild West fantasy horror steampunk.

If that does not make you drool, see a doctor immediately to confirm that you are still alive and human.

You can find more information here, and, if you haven't played it already, I highly encourage you to do so. The link I just posted has a group of pregenerated characters and links to several one-sheet adventures (premade mini-adventures designed to be played in a single session), as well as a test-drive rules set, to get you on your way. Enjoy!

Now, for those of us who have already experienced the awesomeness that is Deadlands...

Are you a sodbuster or a Marshal? A hex-slinging gambler or a Revelations-quoting holy man? A questionably-sane "new scientist" or an ex-sheriff? What are your most memorable experiences in the Weird West? Your favorite adventure? Favorite character?
I'm a huge fan of Savage Worlds - Deadlands: Reloaded included. I've even published 1 book for the system Dogs of Hades: http://savagemojo.com/shop/index.php...roducts_id=172 (2 more to come in the same setting).

Savage Worlds was one of the reasons I bought 7 Rise of the Valkyrie sets without knowing anything about Heroscape at all.