View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2021, 08:12 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Helmaverse League International

Thanks for being so flexible. I think my feedback was a bit overload but I'm glad you considered it in the same way my kids do. This is the kind of thing we go through all the time and why designs like Cyclops literally took years and some of the other designs we have get tossed to the back of the line (I'm looking at you Captain Atom) or thrown into a dungeon (cough... Blade... cough).

I'm also glad that you kept the original design in the post because we may circle back and steal something from it. I definitely see some real fun potential starting to bubble up.

Quote:
HYPNO-RAY
Instead of attacking with Abra Kadabra you may use choose an opponents figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Abra Kadabra and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, you may move the chosen figure using it's normal movement. You may also remove one unrevealed order markers from it's Army Card.
Question: Can the figure use a Special Power when moving? Some powers say "instead of moving normally" while others say "When moving...". (I'm thinking disengage type powers). Typically, I would see powers moving other figures dictate exactly how many spaces they move and whether or not they take engagement attacks.

Quote:
SMOKE AND MIRRORS
When Abra Kadabra or a figure you control within 5 spaces of Abra Kadabra is attacked, you may choose that figure and roll the 20-sided die. Add 4 to the roll if the chosen figure is Abra Kadabra. If you roll 14 or higher, you may swap the chosen figure with another figure within 5 spaces of Abra Kadabra. The swapped figure must defend against the attack and take damage as normal instead of the chosen figure. The chosen figure and the swapped figure will not take any leaving engagement attacks when swapped using Smoke and Mirrors.
Comment: Although I don't usually like the idea of two 20-sided die powers on the same card, this one has me really intrigued. I like this a lot and just need to test it to see if it is missing anything.