View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:40 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Requests for Reevaluation

Good idea to break this off from the strategy thread.

The other ones I would consider revisiting, aside from Puppet Master:
  • Joker I - the OM rearrangement is just too nasty and frustrating. If it were just one OM it would still be pretty potent.
  • Mastermind - very underpriced for the ability to turn 6 heroes invisible. Should cost at least twice as much.
  • Sage - Basically eliminates all past concepts of OM management. If you limit it to once per round then it's still very powerful, but this breaks up the Sage/Braniac5 combo and makes it less dominant in general.
  • Angel, 5th Prescinct Beat Cops, Alfred Pennyworth - nothing wrong with these guys except that they are underpriced.
  • Magma - reasonably priced in isolation, but her combos with Magneto, et al, are so nasty that I think she needs a price boost of at least 50 points.
  • Bizarro - reasonably priced for his stats, but Villainous Defense seems stronger than Superman's version and that just doesn't jive for me.

After that it starts to drop off a bit. I'd argue for Martian Manhunter, Doctor Light/Metiorite, and Shadowcat next, but none of these are as pressing as the ones I list above. Enchantress might belong here, too, but I need more time to consider her. I've only watched her shred a ridiculous army once, personally.

I have less experience on the flip side. The only figure that I look at and say "I'd never draft that guy" is Penguin, although Ventriloquist, Doomsday, and Impossible Man all seem underpowered to me. I'll probably get an argument on Doomsday.

Last edited by dok; May 27th, 2013 at 05:01 PM.