View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2009, 09:31 AM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!
Re: GenCon 2009 Heroscape Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Reinforcements were a cool thing to mix it up. It makes a 500pt. tourney unique, for the Day 2 players (and in the plannings for everyone's armies).

It does make it interesting, although it does allow someone to pick reinforcements to counterdraft the army you will be facing in day 2. Props to Cornpuff for doing it but he never played with the repulsors before and chose them to counter my glad/blast army. I had originally thought you had to submit your day 1 and day 2 armies when you registered. Cornpuff got to choose whatever he wanted and chose to specifically get a unit to beat mine.

Props to Cornpuff for a brilliant counterdraft but it's annoying on my end that my opponent got to just pick any unit they wanted to specifically go against me even though that army would have never run repulsors otherwise.
But that is the entire point. You had the very same opportunity. The reinforcements added the element of counterdraft to the game which was cool. At least that's my opinion. It certainly was not unfair which the tone of your post suggests.
I would love to see this again in the future.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!