View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2021, 12:11 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: New Heroscape Terrain "Quick-Sand" - Collaborate rules

I think that for the cardboard terrain, we can just have the tiles be Sand, Water, Road, and "Weird Terrain" (name change pending). I don't remember if there are any other distinct cardboard tiles to worry about, but that gives us a wide range of existing classic terrain to work with. Other than the "Weird Tiles," I don't really want to create any scenario-driven unique rules for the basic terrain.

For the 3D tiles, I see them more as being "Sandstone" than another type of Sand. Personally, I think that "dunes" already exist with just stacking the existing Sand terrain in certain ways (and a "dune-specific" rule feels strange that it wouldn't apply to the other Sand terrain to me). Thematically, it feels a bit off to me in an almost similar way to how I don't think Quicksand fits, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
(See also: 3D hexes =/= quicksand. Maybe we should change the thread title, @lefton4ya ?)
Seconded for the title change. Adding the [AotV] tag to the title of the thread should help it be more immediately apparent that this thread is now focused on the project.