View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2014, 05:45 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
My initial impression of Ullar's Eyes is that it's too much trouble to be worthwhile. The alternate turn/use someone else's special attack stuff is pretty complicated, and really there aren't many such special attacks to choose from. Does the Ullar's Eyes need to be nearby Elf Wizards for the bonus dice, or does the Wizard the special attack is coming from? Can the Ullar's Eyes be affected by it's "own" Rain of Flame? To complicated for the benefit.
This is where I'm at as well. Warmachine style spell channeling is a cool idea, but it's really difficult to retcon in like this, and it's not that useful for the Elf Wizards as a group anyway.
I don't know if it really is that complicated. A very strict interpretation is similar to Omegacron letting Snipers shoot on his turn. Instead of doing the attack phase of the Wizard's turn, he activates channel magic. An Ullar's Eyes receives a turn in which he cannot move, but may use a special attack, namely that special attack which the Wizard has. So all boni, height advantages, auras, explosion effects, etc are handled as though the Ullar's Eyes had that special attack (which is in fact the case because of the special ability). The feeling is like Channel Magic, but if you distance yourself from the idea behind Channel Magic and just read the ability, I think it works.

As far as usefulness goes, I think being a common hero wouldn't work. But a unique squad of 4 or a common squad of 2 or 3 would be helpful. You can build up your Elfpod somewhere, then send out Ullar's Eyes. The Elfpod is then practically transfered as a whole to every location where an Ullar's Eyes is, at least what offensive output is. An Elfpod in the starting zone can send out Ullar's Eyes and once Ullar's Eyes are within range of the enemy, Jordhawn and company can start attacking (in the thematical sense, in the real game sense, Ullar's Eyes borrow the special ability and attack themselves).

Another alternative for wording would be having the attack happen on Ullar's Eyes' turn.
CHANNEL MAGIC
Instead of attacking normally, Ullar's Eyes may use the special attack of a Wizard etc you control.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!