View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I got your favorite member right here

Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker
Re: Race for the presidency political discussion thread

OH! And on a side note, how big a load of hypocricy is it that both our current president and our president elect have both admitted to using illegal drugs in the past, including cocain, but both have worked to toughen drug laws and take a hard-line approach to punishing users? The only reason that either one of those jokers isn't in jail can be summed up in two words: dumb luck.

If President Bush wanted to save his legacy and actually do something good he would sign a presidential pardon for every single non-violent drug offender in prison today, to be implemented in waves every 3 months. He could then challenge the congress to allocate funds to the states that would set up treatment centers and job placement for those returning non-cons (they wouldn't have their lives permenantly screwed up by being cons, of course, because a pardon wipes the record clean) and they wouldn't have much choice because one way or the other those folks are getting out thanks to him. President Elect Obama has already talked about putting a New Deal style national works program in place, and this would dovetail nicely with it.

That would wake the country up and force it to take a serious look at the way it approaches the drug war, hey?

...and while I'm in fantasy land I'd like to ride a unicorn, please.

You are the brute squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh finally
And go Flock yourself.