View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2021, 10:29 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: OHS Season 42: Quad Pod II - ROUND 2

I got the win v. Grey Waves in a long game that saw every single figure get used as offense.

Early game, I spent one OM using rats to block a few choke points and then went exclusively on Q10. Grey Waves split OMs between PKs & Augamo, developing them together. Q10 was able to kill 2 PKs & Eldgrim (who went onto Augamo, but didn't burn Kelda first) before Augamo finally reached my side of the map.

I switched to Borgs then to battle Augamo, and we had a lot of careful placement. Augamo kept taking the SA so he could gain height after attacking, and I kept my Borgs spread out and behind rats as much as possible, mostly taking shots up but getting a few shots on even ground. I had a lot of key blocks from Rats, as Augamo opened with 5 1/4 attack rolls, which let my Borgs gain the edge they needed. Augamo got the redundancy markers off them, but they brought Augamo down before he could finish off any of the actual figures.

I took one last OM on the Borgs to get a few SAs into the PKs, which killed a few of them. The battle then shifted to PKs v. Q10. I put Q10 in a spot where only 2 PKs could get even ground and he was close to the Valda glyph. Q10 and the PKs fought on that spot for a while, until Q10 was down to 2 life and there were only 2 PKs left. Q10 then disengaged to burn Kelda and kill one of the PKs. The last PK then hit a 4/4 height attack on a 1/5 defense before Q10 finished him off. One Borg died to a PK during this exchange also.

That left 2 Borgs, a 1-life Q10, 7 rats, & a Darkprowl Thrall v. Guilty & 2 Dumutefs.

Q10 charged Guilty, but Guilty blocked both 1/4 attacks from the SA and then killed Q10. Guilty also killed a Borg before dying to a combination of a wound from a Borg and lava.

The Dumutefs then charged in one at a time; the first one killed the last Borg on a 5/5 attack roll, but couldn't kill any rats before they killed him. The 2nd Dumutef was able to kill a few rats, but they eventually killed him also (all attacks from height).

I won with 5 rats & the Darkprowl left.

gg Grey Waves, it was a fun one