View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2018, 04:04 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: vegie's GenCon reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Game 1 vs. dok (Fire Elementals x10, Kurrok AND Braxas, Rats x3, Hydra, Marcu, Eldgrim)
dok did not balance his armies and he got first pick. He took Fire Elementals, and my Braxas failed the three Acid Breaths she got on Kurrok. Loss
I thought the conclusion we reached was that if you approach the matchup the way you did (kamikaze Braxas), it's very close to a coinflip (~49% chance to gas Kurrok in three tries, and that tends to be decisive in the matchup).

I chose my armies based on the idea that worst-case (i.e. I have to play Braxas against FEs, or I'm playing FEs against someone playing kamikaze Braxas) it's a balanced, if not terribly skill-heavy matchup. However, you were the only one that even pushed me to that point; in my other games my opponents either didn't play the Braxas army that way, or they picked a different army that gave me a more favorable matchup.