View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:02 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker
It's all true and it's all good.

Most of them seem right. And it's impressive that they are so. And that's a good thing for tournaments.

But it also must be the case that some are off. It's impossible that they're all perfect. Change them for house play if you want. Test them, see if you like it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Evidence: see spider poison's "Power Rankings" (http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=6171). To me that's a good argument that the A's and A+'s are "too cheap" and conversely, the F's and D's are "too expensive"? Seems obvious to me. That doesn't mean that there's an urgent need to change the costs, though. They may be close enough (I think so in most cases).

My list would be shorter than elginb's and would be have the simple goal of discouraging overused figs and encouraging underused ones. So:

over-priced and under-used: TeaLord, Spart-a-cuss, Jotun

Under-priced and over-used: Q9, Krav, Mario Warriors, Deathreavers

Re: Spartacus, I don't think "potential future use" is a good thing for fig's costs. Too bad there's not a way to have the costs adjust as needed later. So for example Sparty should be cheaper in the current environment, and when/if a Gladiator common squad comes out, his cost goes up. (Slap a sticker on him or something?).