View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2014, 11:29 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: HoSS Online - Season 2: Submit Armies and Maps!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
I am intrigued by the bidding format, but I share the same concern as dok when combining it with a take 2 variant. How are bidding formats usually done? By army card instead of army? Or if you get multiple armies how do you utilize then in a matchup?
All of the bidding rules are in the OP under HoSS Rules for Bidding. I think that will answer your questions.

Bidding is done by army.
So the OP didn't answer my questions about how auction formats are traditionally done. I did my own digging and found that traditionally they are done in conjunction with winning 2 armies and then you playing those 2 armies for the remainder of the format.

It seems to be, as dok has voiced, that using a Bring 2 format negates the Auction format intent. I care a whole lot less about what armies I get in the auction if I can just pick 1 out of 4 armies during the actual format gameplay.

My favorite Auction format I saw was where is was alternating PYP and Straight Pick of your two armies.