View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2018, 07:43 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The HoSS Cantina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I went and saw Solo in theaters and enjoyed it quite a bit. I would put Rogue One ahead of it but I really, really liked Rogue One a lot so that isn't a knock just a reference point. I'd watch it again before I'd throw in The Force Awakens or The Last Jedi, the farther away from those movies I get the more I don't think they were very good.

Now I'll also preface this by saying that Solo is they type of movie I find enjoyable, crime dramas and the like are certainly up my alley. The stakes are really low in comparison to the Skywalker saga as the Galaxy in not in peril, only the lives of the various characters (and many of them don't make it). I really enjoyed The Wolverine and Logan though as well because I like these simpler more personal stories, I also like the big X-Men movies where they save humanity but the smaller stories also have their place. The movie felt more like a couple of hours of a really good tv show rather than a summer blockbuster, but again that is what I wanted from a Solo origin story. I loved the Firefly TV Show and described it to friends who hadn't seen it yet as the story of Han Solo had the Empire won in RotJ, well this fits movie fits in with that idea pretty well. Han and Mal are a couple of good guys just trying to survive and stay out from under the thumb of an oppressive/corrupt government by operating on the fringes of society. A good time, and one cameo that took me by surprise.

It was better the first time as Firefly. I kept thinking on this is episode ---, oh now it is episode ---. It was OK. Nowhere near Roque One but better than TFA.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey