View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2021, 04:50 PM

Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Ineresting, but doesn't that end up being on you? Like if I forgot Sharwin had a lightning attack that could bounce from unit to unit do I get to replace my figures before you attack?

I also think the random element is not knowing which OM you sniped because it's not facing you. For instance, you obviously can't randomize one OM, so since it can't be randomized does that negate the ability if the opponent only has one OM on the card because then it's not random at all? Unless they mean random as in from the perspective that the OM isn't facing you so you don't know for sure which one it is.
If it's clearly specified before the game that "random" just means "chosen without looking", and the opponent just forgets then I guess that you can reasonqbly say it's on them (although personally, I'd let them shuffle). If the person believed that "random" meant "selected by a die roll", then I don't think that their interpretation is really less valid, and making them sufdenly play by yours seems unfair.

I would assume that in this context "random" means that each unrevealed OM on the card equally likely to be chosen from your perspective. Whether this is accomplished by your opponent shuffling their OMs at the start of the round so that the first OM is equally likely to have any number, or whether it's accomplished by rolling a die to select an OM doesn't matter. If there is only one unrevealed OM, it trivially has the same probability of being revealed as every other OM on the card.

If anything, your interpretation of random as "you don't know which one it is" is the one that breaks down in the edge cases. It's possible to have a scenario where all but one of your opponent's OMs are revealed. For example, if they've taken 2 turns and revealed their X for a special power, you could know with certainty that the single unrevealed OM on their army card is a 3. But you surely wouldn't say that in this case you couldn't remove the 3, just because you know what it is.