View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2019, 10:13 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Thanks with regards to the power armor and his laser rifle. It was really fun to paint and I can't wait to get more finished.

U-Boat is a game that comes with a 3D printed cardboard sub, with plastic and resin pieces to add to the sub. There are also a lot of credit minis of kind of nother so detailed quality, that players will use to man different parts of the sub. The game uses an app and you have real life crew duties. The navigator has to really plot their course and you don't get an overview of where you are, just coordinates. You have to know when to dive, avoid depth charges, air attacks etc. It's super detailed and realistic. The guy that listens to the pings of sonar has to relate what he hears, as it's not available to everyone who's playing.

I'm charging my friend to paint these, but not a ton. Other than the one Fallout mini, I will basically have 3 weeks of my hobby time into this. My hobby time isn't what it used to be, so it's very precious to me and I have so many other things to work on so I can play with painted minis and terrain. I also don't want people in the game group to keep bugging me about painting their stuff. I'll be 52 on June 18th and don't know how much longer I will be painting. Hopefully until I'm 60, but who knows.

Sounds great that you will have a bunch more Legion models painted up soon. I can't speed paint, though I will be faster with my Imperial Scouts that I keep white, as I think one squad will be classic white and the other squad be forest colors.

As far as rebels, I like to paint several different skin tones to represent more different races and such. I also do eyes and can't stop now since I already started with earlier stuff. Then there's a lot of highlighting that I like to do. So I kind of mess myself up time wise with the way I do stuff, but it is what it is. But I'm far ahead with Legion stuff anyway, that I have more than enough options for two 800 point armies. I still have to paint the 3 member crew of the Landspeeder, as that has gotten delayed with the U-Boat stuff and one Fallout piece.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon