View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2007, 10:10 AM

QBakies has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
Here are a few notes on your customs. Not a bad start at all.

HUGE SPIDER

How big is this guy? Will it fit on a single or 2-space base?

Poison Bite is misspelled. This is a clone of Chomp. Some people feel that if you have a power that is a direct copy of an official power you should call it the same thing unless it messes up the flavor. This is an exact copy of Chomp and it is easier to just call it Chomp.

CLIMB WALLS
Instead of his normal move, Huge Spider may Climb Walls. Climb Walls has a move of 2. When counting spaces for a Huge Spider’s climbing movement, ignore elevations. A Huge Spider may climb up walls and over obstacles such as ruins and trees. A Huge Spider may not climb more than 25 levels up or down in a single turn. If a Huge Spider is engaged when he starts to climb, he takes any leaving engagement attacks.

The green dot on the sillouette is tiny.

LOLTH’S STINGS

I don’t care for the name Lolth. The powers are a bit far from the names. Sneeky is not a word. Sneaky is. Control is misspelled in the bonding power. The range says 1 spaces.

In time you will get better at the graphic elements. You might see the real cards has the text right justified on the stats on the far left of the card.

Something to think about – Are you sure you want to start a new general – the Drow? I am torn about this with my Aliens… Whether they should get a regular General card or not… I don’t know.
Ahh, the details... I have to say that I glossed over the misspellings and such on my first pass. Your take on 'Climb Walls' is a novel approach that does fit general feel of HS but I'm not sure it does what he is looking for exactly. Of course he may love your take on it, only he knows. 'Poison Bite' is a replication of 'Chomp' but I think calling it 'Poison Bite' fits the figure and the card better. It's easy to see a large dinosaur-like creature delivering a life ending chomp but not so much for a spider.

Lloth is the actual name of the Demon Spider Queen that the Drow worship and follow so it would be rather difficult to keep that Drow feel to the cards if he didn't use Lloth's name.

As far as making a new army, personally, I try and fit all the customs I do into the existing armies. Drow and all other followers of Lloth could easily be placed into the Utgar army and that is where I would place them. The Space Marine customs I'm doing are all going into the Vydar army because I felt they fit there the best even though it would have made sense to break them into their own army altogether. I just think fitting the customs into the existing armies makes them more accessible to the existing game.

Just my 2 cents. Looking forward to your next versions Felindar!