View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2022, 02:15 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Rules Team HQ

Updated Falcon, Robin and Ernie.

Didn't yet update Arashi. Looked through the playtests, I see Viegon had written among several other instances:
"Round Two: Army 2 wins Initiative (Masahiro targets Firestar)."
"Round Two: Army 1 wins Initiative (Masahiro targets Archangel)."

Unclear if it was played it in that order, or just written it in that order.

And in Asterius's tests, RC was written as:
"Fourth Round:
Masahiro uses Ruthless Command and chooses Volstagg.
Initiative goes to Army 2."
"Third Round:
Masahiro chooses Dragon Man for Ruthless Command.
Initiative goes to Army 1."

Didn't see anything in the other tests to indicate the order used, and not sure if any of those examples lean anyone in one direction or the other.

Last one is Thanos, who there is a ton of playtests for, and I probably missed some, but the only instance which I noticed was in the last playtest with TrollBrute:
"Round 4: Thanos is placed in a risky spot, loses Initiative. Thanos whiffs against a Gorilla and takes 2 wounds, then rolls only 1 shield against Grodd and takes 3 more."

Personally, I think for 500pts, he can afford the extra strategic benefit of being placed after rolling for initiative to reduce risk as much as possible.