View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2008, 01:45 PM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Race for the presidency political discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
One last question...since it is ok for me to say I am finally proud...is it also ok for me to claim how utterly ashamed I am in my country for putting a man like Obama in place? I think many would take issue with this and for good reason...it shows a severe lack of credibility when your agenda is the only one you are willing to swallow and your loyalties can be bought simply with a few campaign promises from a a canidate. If national pride is only available to you when things go your way then I think you have missed the entire point of an American nation.
Were black Americans wrong not to be proud of their country back in the 1920's?
Oh you did not just go there.

Black people were oppressed almost a hundred years ago. There are very few people still alive that were there to see it...when will people let it go?

If it was used in a positive way, I wouldn't so much care, but black people only use it as a "poor me" excuse for why us white people should give them our money. Just drop it. White people treated black people very badly a hundred years ago. How long are you going to hide behind it?

Maybe you are not a black person, but you sound like one. I hope you aren't offended, but if you are, oh well.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints