View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: C3G Requests for Reevaluation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Good idea to break this off from the strategy thread.

The other ones I would consider revisiting, aside from Puppet Master:
  • Joker I - the OM rearrangement is just too nasty and frustrating. If it were just one OM it would still be pretty potent.
  • Mastermind - very underpriced for the ability to turn 6 heroes invisible. Should cost at least twice as much.
  • Sage - Basically eliminates all past concepts of OM management. If you limit it to once per round then it's still very powerful, but this breaks up the Sage/Braniac combo and makes it less dominant in general.
  • Angel, 5th Prescinct Beat Cops, Alfred Pennyworth - nothing wrong with these guys except that they are underpriced.
  • Magma - reasonably priced in isolation, but her combos with Magneto, et al, are so nasty that I think she needs a price boost of at least 50 points.
After that it starts to drop off a bit. I'd argue for Martian Manhunter, Doctor Light/Metiorite, and Shadowcat next, but none of these are as pressing as the ones I list above. Enchantress might belong here, too, but I need more time to consider her. I've only watched her shred a ridiculous army once, personally.

I have less experience on the flip side. The only figure that I look at and say "I'd never draft that guy" is Penguin, although Ventriloquist, Doomsday, and Impossible Man all seem underpowered to me. I'll probably get an argument on Doomsday.
I would add Two-Face to the underpower/overpriced list. I have never had a successful experience with him.

I would add Poison Ivy to the overpowered/underpriced list.